Two Carluke cats die after suspected poisoning

A CARLUKE family has been left devastated as their two cats died at the weekend following a suspected poisoning.

Drummond Pringle, of Old Lanark Road, contacted the Scottish SPCA after one-year-old brother and sister Dexter and Millie both suffered horrendous deaths.

Drummond (49) had let his cats out as normal on Friday morning but they failed to return until Saturday evening when Millie staggered through the cat flap in distress.

For more information on this story, see this week’s Carluke and Lanark Gazette which is in the shops now.