THE owner of the Burn Road Garage which was devastated by a fire last week has thanked the people of Carluke for their support.
Allan Smith, who has owned the garage in Stewart Street for the past 17 years, also praised the work of the emergency services who fought the blaze on the evening of December 21.
Thanks to a clean-up operation by staff and friends working 18 to 20 hour days since the fire, the garage has re-opened for business – albeit on a smaller scale than previously.
Allan said: "We are still open for business thanks to the hard work of staff and family and friends who I can't thank enough.
"It seems to have been an electrical fault.
"I have to say that the fire brigade and the police were prompt in their response and did an excellent job, as did the council's roads department.
"I also want to thank the people of Carluke who have been great with me since the fire happened. It's really touched me."
For more information on this story, pick up a copy of this week's Carluke Gazette which is in the shops now.