THREE cows were discovered dead in mysterious circumstances early on Tuesday morning by farmer Andrew Hill at Gillhead Farm, Law
It is feared the cows were electrocuted by a faulty wire attached to an electricity pole.
“I think the cows had been scratching a wire attached to the pole, which is old and rusty,” said Andrew (25).
“The wire then came down and landed on the junction box, which in turn electrocuted them.
“I went out at 7am to check on the cows and saw the three of them lying there. It wasn’t the nicest thing to see. In fact, it was quite distressing.
For more on this story, pick up a copy of this week’s Carluke Gazette.