Discover the stories that made the Gazette headlines all those years ago.
50 YEARS AGO
* The Gazette provided a review of 1960 for its readers looking at the major news stories from around Clydesdale.
* A big expansion to the radio network was set to include Clydesdale, with new transmittors at Crawford and Cathkin Brae in Glasgow.
* There were a total of 18 claimants to the year's Het Pint in Lanark. Provost Millar Stoddart was present as well as other councillors and magistrates.
* Mr and Mrs Samuel Alexander received a telegram from HM the Queen to celebrate their diamond wedding. They were married in Law on December 28, 1900.
* A digger driver from Kirkmuirhill was jailed for 30 days at Lanark Sheriff Court for driving a car on Hogmanay in Lesmahagow under the influence of drink.
* Forth WRI held its December meeting with Mrs McLeod welcoming a large turnout, despite the poor weather.
* Lanark Rugby Club won their seventh game in succession by beating Queens Park FP 9-8. However, they were holding on in the last few minutes and were lucky to emerge with a win.
100 YEARS AGO
* Mr T Rogers had published the Lanark Almanac for the New Year. The alamanac provided contained useful information and a welcome to all local residents.
* As a result of the new Old Age Pension Act a score of old people were now receiving their pensions from Lanark Parish Council.
* A scrumptious dinner was held for the inmates at Lanark poorhouse. Rabbit, potatoes, vegetables and mince pies were all served.
* The Law carpet bowling club held a social and dance. The president of the club Dr Paterson presided over a large attendance with McRae's band providing entertainment.
* The New Year was brought in by locals as the 1911 Het Pint was held with the Hyndford magistrate providing the sum of 2 10s, which was distribuited to the 50 applicants.
* Among the New Year adverts in the Gazette was the clearance sale of winter coats at the Brownlees Draper warehouse.
* There were no Lanarkshire Juvenile League games due to poor weather. Lanark Celtic began 1911 top of the league.