Carluke man furious over faulty boiler
FURIOUS Carluke man John Sloan feels that he and his partner cheated death from gas poisoning or a possible explosion following the installation of a South Lanarkshire Council boiler which, he claims, was faulty.
The 52-year-old quarry worker said that the engineers who fitted the ‘replacement scheme’ appliance in their Angus Road home on June 14 dismissed his and girlfriend Kate Searon’s initial concerns about smelling gas.
“I smelled the gas as soon as I came in from my work at 6pm that night,” John said.
“Kate mentioned our safety fears to a few of the workmen but they didn’t seem concerned.
“A big health and safety issue like that should have been taken seriously, because the consequences could have been deadly.”
John said he and Kate continued to smell gas from the boiler during the next three weeks but didn’t report it to the council as they couldn’t believe the workmen would install a faulty boiler.
“Kate was getting a sore head and feeling tired all the time and I’m pretty sure that was down to the gas,” John added.
For more on this story pick up a copy of the Carluke Gazette which is in the shops now.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Carluke
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 1 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North