Carluke family speak after their cats were killed
TWELVE days after their cats Charlie and O’Malley died in suspicious circumstances, a Carluke family has gone through the devastating experience again.
Indeed, their third cat was found in such a terrible condition that vets had to put her to sleep.
Now, having lost prized pets Charlie, O’Malley and their mum Lacey to suspected anti-freeze poisoning, William and Hazel MacLean, of Glencoe Road, are too frightened to let their other cats, Heathcliffe and Rocky, go outside.
“There have been a lot of tears shed in the family in recent days,” said library assistant Hazel (45).
“We are all absolutely gutted.
“Whoever has done this is absolutely heartless.
“Our cats must have suffered slow, agonising deaths. Charlie was found under the next door neighbour’s bush.
“Taking anti-freeze cuts down cats’ immune systems, leads to kidney failure and sees them lose their ability to walk.”
And William, a 42-year-old security guard, added: “Our three kids, Olivia, Rebecca and Allan, have been crying so much. Rebecca said that she had no tears left.”
For more on this story pick up a copy of the Carluke Gazette which is in the shops now.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Carluke
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 33 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 3 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North east