A desperate Carluke woman is pleading with South Lanarkshire Council to fix her damp walls and leaky boiler...before her frail mum moves in with her.
Helen Leggate has lived in her Wilton Road home for the past four years. And for the past three years she has had to deal with dampness in her hall.
Now the 38-year-old is urging the council to do the repairs as quickly as possible as she claims a council inspector told her there could be asbestos in the walls.
Helen said: “I have a flat roof at the front of the house and water is getting in.
“Council workers have replaced the felt on the roof but, with the snow and rain, it hasn’t made any difference at all.
“I’ve spoken to an inspector who told me that they can’t plaster the walls because they have to check for asbestos.
“I can’t afford to keep re-plastering and painting. I have two huge holes in the wall.
“The council workers have been out countless times but nothing seems to be done; it is an absolute nightmare.”